Business Legal Services | Commercial Property
The Thomas Guise Commercial Property Team has a wealth of experience and an excellent reputation for dealing with all contentious and non-contentious aspects of commercial property law. Our emphasis is not just on providing legal services – we aim to support your business as you grow over the long term. We advise on niche areas such as retail, landlord and tenant, planning, commercial finance and lending, healthcare and IT. Our clients also benefit from the additional support we provide through our broad range of professional contacts, including surveyors, accountants, bankers, architects and financial services. Transactions include:
- Sale and acquisition of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Commercial property leases, in particular high street retail leases
- Planning agreements including option agreements
- Commercial and residential developments
- Easements including rights of way
- Commercial lending, such as legal charges, debentures and guarantees
Recent examples of property-related work include:
- Negotiating numerous commercial property leases for large nationwide retailers
- Representing a retail shop in the Touchwood Centre, Solihull
- Sale and leaseback of a car dealership in Worcestershire
- Auction purchase of a property portfolio for £890,000
- Negotiating a commercial property lease of £500,000 per annum over five years in Warwickshire
- Sale of a property portfolio in London valued at £18 million
- Sale of an industrial site in Alcester for £1.45 million
- Sale and leaseback of commercial property in London for £2.3 million
- Option agreement for land in Bromsgrove with an estimated value of £54 million
For your convenience you can visit our commercial property team in any one of our offices in Studley, Worcester or Birmingham.
Lease of Retail Unit
We acted for a tenant who had given instructions to complete a lease agreement for a term of 10 years within two weeks of instructions. All the relevant due diligence was carried out and a property report was provided to the tenant within the first week of being instructed.
The commercial property lease negotiations/redrafting and the required funds were collected all within the second week, in time for completion to take place.
The Tenant was able to move in to their new commercial premises before Christmas as wished.
Purchase of Land
We acted for a developer/commercial client who saw an opportunity to purchase a plot of land and build offices for its own business use.
The contract to purchase the plot of land was conditional on planning approval being granted for the development. The contract papers from the seller’s solicitor were forwarded later than expected and coupled with the client’s planning hearing approaching fast, we had to carry out the due diligence as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
The conditional contract made provisions for overage deed which we were not initially aware of. This further required us to carefully scrutinise the document and amend it vastly to provide protection for our client. Nevertheless despite the difficulty, we managed to turn things around in a speedily fashion to complete the deal in time .
Meet our Commercial Property Team
Wayne Thomas – Director
Amanda Oakes – Solicitor
Nancy Hai – Solicitor
Maqadas Ali – Solicitor
Commercial Premises eGuide
You’ve found the ideal property for your new business venture, but what’s the next step? Setting up your commercial premises can be an expensive minefield if you’re not familiar with the processes or know your legal rights. Read our 10 tips to getting it right.